Saturday, March 30, 2013

Orange You Glad!


Welcome Brandon Lewis! He'll only be with us at the Hen for a very short time, so hurry in on Tuesdays & Thursdays if you want to sample his culinary skills!

As I told him, he's a chef.. I am a cook.

He loves making sauces and fancy dressings, soups & breads. He made homemade focaccia on Thursday, with sun dried tomatoes and and fresh basil... very tasty.

Brandon has been cooking in Louisville, but will be heading to Yellowstone National Park, to practice his chef talents there. After that, The HEN will still be open daily  ... as long as I can find a suitable replacement until I leave my other job at the end of June.

His favorite color is orange! He has a cool orange car and, as you can see, an orange hoodie!




So maybe it was a coincidence that I decided to make Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake this week for dessert.

Maybe it was a coincidence that we met at the High School Career day when I needed someone to fill in and he needed a little work until he headed west.

But neither Brandon nor I believe in coincidence! Do you? We probably have different ways of explaining what we believe, but orange you glad we can listen to one another, and meet new people, and tell our stories in special places like the Little Red Hen Cafe?

It's more than just food... it's a community, devoted to wholesome living.